Week 1A: Choosing a Template

   

The template that I chose for my blog was a set of stacked books. The top book is open and ready for the writings of my blog. The colors of my chosen theme are soft muted colors and make me feel calm and relaxed.

   This particular photo stood out to me because of its clean and simple design. For a minute I considered a black and white photo of a camera simply sitting on a table. A symbol of my reason for taking this class in the first place. Photos.. that is what I do. This is my business. I take photos of people who are having a good time. Photo booth photos in particular. You should be having a good time or else I'm clearly not doing my job.

   The photo of an open book is great symbolism for how I want people to feel about me when they are reading my posts. I looked through the many options that Blogger had to offer when it came to design layouts. I also wanted to find a photo that would inspire me to write. Writing is a skill that I find to be quite difficult for me. In order for me to write I need to really relax and focus. The simple design that I have chosen gives me that feeling. When someone visits my blog I want them to also feel relaxed and welcomed.

Comments

  1. Hello Christina! I must say I really like your template choice. I can tell we see eye to eye when it comes to how we chose our templates. I enjoy the simplicity and cleanliness of your page which is also what I was going for. I also really like how you described the book on your main page as a symbol for making people feel welcome, which is definitely the vibe I get. Like yourself my life is heavily involved with photos. I am a photographer and much like yourself I truly believe that if your not having a good time in front of the camera I must not be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    I liked how you described in detail why you liked your template. It was very well written and I enjoyed reading it. I can see you do have that photographer’s eye.

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina- I'm so sorry I addressed you as Leslie! I was looking at her name in the comment above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,

    I loved your template and clean and modern feel of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christina!

    I was very intrigued by your explanation for your layout. It is very fitting to your explanation and I look forward to seeing more of your work. I did not even see this template or the other that you described as I browsed the available options. Wish I had!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts