Week 4B: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Image result for webdesign


   Amazon www.amazon.com and All Recipes www.allrecipes.com are two websites that I visit frequently. Amazon is a site that I spend a lot of time on because I can get great deals, but it is also a site that is easy to navigate, bright and visually appealing. The recommended products based on what I am searching is a tricky way to keep me shopping. I spend far too much time and money on this website so I know they are doing something right. My favorite part of the site is the search menu that is perfectly placed at the top of each page. It makes finding the products that I am looking for fast and simple.

   All Recipes website is also a site that I come back to for the easy search menu and attractive design. The pictures of the food on the site are bright and large enough to see even the smallest details. This is important when you are choosing what recipe you want to make. The logo is place in the top left and is a good size. When you click on a recipe, the text is clear, large, easy to read font. There are even reviews listed at the bottom that are great for getting extra feedback. I appreciate how they make it easy to search reviews based on Most Helpful, Most Positive, Least Positive, and Newest.

   In these two website designs, there are a lot of pictures placed on the homepage. They can get a little bit cluttered and if you are just scrolling, you could get a cramp. Some improvements may be to make the homepage have less content to scroll through and minimize the suggested products or recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts